1. Cool T‐shirts
2. 100% goes directly to programs, administrative costs are covered by an endowment
3. United Way helped my Mom
4. Allocation of $11,000 translated into helping procure 1.1M lbs of food for the Food Bank of
South Central Michigan
5. It’s the right thing to do!
6. “Many of the tools you have taught me will help me to better my finances and even make better
7. “Thank you to the Barry County United Way and Eye & ENT Specialist to provide the gift of sight
and sound to so many. We both really appreciate being able to hear and see better.” SKK
8. It’s a great way to build our community
9. “My kids will be so excited to have milk!”
10. It lasts longer than going out to dinner
11. “Since joining 4H, I have seen a great improvement in my daughter’s self‐confidence, pride and
12. It supports our youth
13. “It has given me an interest in genetics, biology and animal husbandry. I choose different science
classes in school because of 4H.”
14. It serves All of Barry County
15. “The 4‐H program has taught me to win and lose gracefully, with respect and humility.”
16. My kids wanted a t‐shirt
17. “Last year I gave to your organization….this year I had to ask for help.”
18. It’s the safety net for our community
19. “Excellent program, part of what is so wonderful is seeing a very positive male role model in the
20. The dollars stay in Barry County unless designated otherwise
21. “I want to thank my Meals on Wheels for being a caring person, he stops and talks a few minutes
with me as some days I never see anyone else.”
22. “This is my shelter home. You saved my life.”
23. It makes me feel good!
24. A habitat home is a cornerstone families can build stability on.
25. 93 boy scouts advanced in rank and received 431 merit badges.
26. It makes you a hero in your own community!
27. 15 young men achieved their Eagle Scout rank and provided 5,199 hours of community service.
28. My parents did it so it seemed like I should too
29. “With the financial and staff partnership with United Way, we are able to find the best services
to assist our clients.”
30. One gift impacts sooooo many!
31. “Funding from United Way provides operating costs of the shelter and the housing assistance
programs are imperative in our client’s success as they establish new lives.”
32. Your dollars are invested in developing youth that work together, are prepared to lead and have
the desire to learn through 9 programs that impact 4,224 youth in our county.
33. It gets your employer/boss off your back!
34. “Thanks ever so much for your time & effort & making me realize that there is someone out there who cares & understands. You made my day!”
35. 1,408 kids participate in 4‐H
36. Giving is scientifically proven to lower your blood pressure!
37. 260 youth received backpacks and school supplies
38. 125 youth have Big Brothers/Big Sisters
39. Because payroll deduction is the easiest giving method ever invented!
40. 355 kids participate in Boy Scouts
41. My wife makes me
42. 30 children have Court Appointed Special Advocates
43. You get invited to cool events like the United Way Wrap‐up party!
44. 5 Run Away youth were housed at The ARK
45. 54 babies have cribs to sleep in
46. It makes our community stronger!
47. 571 children learned baby safety
48. 2,617 copies of Pierre the Pelican were distributed
49. 369 copies of “What to expect the first year” were distributed
50. Because an investment in your community is an investment in yourself!
51. 218 seniors receive meals daily52. 226 families participated in Kinship Care
53. You feel good
54. All public Barry County schools had a school liaison officer
55. 33,959 – 25lb bags of food were distributed throughout Barry County Food Pantries
56. 19,209 times residents accessed the Fresh Food Initiative in Hastings
57. Because United Way supports old people . . . and you like old people!
58. 331 Girls participated in Scouting
59. 123 women and children were housed at Green Gables Haven
60. Because my accountant told me to!
61. 5 people received a new Habitat for Humanity house
62. Building Strong Families worked with 19 families
63. 2,741 times people called United Way for rent, utility or other emergency assistance.
64. Your helping your neighbor
65. 27 youth completed Leadership Barry County’s Youth quest
66. I make the world better
67. 4,209 times people accessed food and clothing assistance at Manna’s Market
68. Its tax deductible! (Please consult with your tax advisor to determine the actual benefit)
69. 150 people were assisted through Project Homeless Connect
70. 100 homes have been checked for fire safety
71. 1,725 smoke detectors have been installed across Barry County
72. Your helping your co‐worker
73. 208 batteries have been installed in smoke detectors
74. 254 children had a Christmas through the Stuff the Station program
75. My Mom said I should
76. 4,635 children participated in a program teaching them the dangers of using alcohol, tobacco
and other drugs
77. 440 families were housed through MSHDA programming
78. 616 youth participated in sport opportunities through Thornapple Parks and Recreation
79. They make my donation go farther that I could
80. 1,563 people volunteered at various agencies in Barry County
81. 2,115 youth participated in camping and sporting events through the YMCA
82. I like volunteering
83. 26,768 times people accessed services of United Way and our partner agencies last year.
84. It feels good, like eating chocolate, but has no calories!
85. You won’t look like a hypocrit when you wear the LIVE UNITED shirt!
86. “I’d just blow the $10 a week on something I really didn’t need!”
87. Really cool people work there
88. “It makes me feel good” outside of myself! DAW
89. Financial Mentoring
91. I like LIVING UNITED
92. Great “stickies” for my name tag
93. Empowers single mothers
94. Gives kids the tools they need for a successful start to the school year
95. Gives people hope
96. Opens a door when all others have been shut
97. Provides basic necessities
99. Empowers families
100. Provides resources to uplift families
101. Promotes strong, healthy families