FREE Tax Help from IRS-Certified Volunteers
For families and individuals whose household income is < $60,000.
Last tax season, over 800 Barry County households received FREE income tax assistance and received over $1 MILLION in tax refunds and credits! Preparation sites are conveniently located at Hastings Public Library, Delton District Library, Putnam District Library (Nashville) and Thornapple Credit Union’s Middleville location.
Call 211 after January 1st to Schedule Your Appointment
Documents Needed for Your Appointment
- Valid picture ID and social security card for you and your spouse
- Valid social security card for all dependents
- Income sources (W2, 1099R, 1099-INT, statement from social security, etc)
- Amount of child support received for the year
- Tuition and fee information for college students
- Child Care Provider’s name and address
- Health Care Information (1095)
- Renters – Landlord’s name and address and amount of monthly rent paid
- Homeowners – Summer and Winter tax bills (even if not paid yet)
- Home Heating costs
- Direct Deposit Information (bank account and routing number)
If your household earned less than $66,000, you can file both your federal and state returns for free using MyFreeTaxes.com. This is the only free, national, online tax filing product offered by a nonprofit. United Way has made it available to over 100 million U.S. taxpayers as part of our fight for the financial stability of every person in every community.